Thursday, October 20, 2005

Too Much



Yesterday when I posted about the snake, I had no idea that the day would only get more interesting. Shortly after seeing the snake I heard Pillo making a ruckus upstairs and went to investigate. He had pushed open the door off of our bedroom to go out onto our patio and investigate an iguana. A large one. Ok, still slightly prehistoric, but not as bad as the snake. Later that evening we went to take the dogs out. Being slightly nervous around the pool after the snake sighting, I made sure to keep my wits about me for critters. Lo and behold a very silly crab had made its way up the stairs from the ocean and was hanging out by our pool. A very popular place I'm beginning to understand. Amidst cries of "let's cook it up!" we went out on our cheery way. I'm not entirely sure why we didn't think to take the poor crab down to the ocean with us, but hey, I never said we were all that clever. Anyways, again letting our guard down Rob and were hanging out trying to phone home (what a disaster - sorry Paula and Linds!) when I spotted another critter that made my spine crawl. A scorpion. Oh yes, a scorpion. Rob didn't believe me at first, seeing that I had made him crush an innocent grasshopper earlier in the evening due to my over-active imagination. But this time it was real. It was a baby, but I don't care. I am wearing shoes around the house now- especially in the wee hours of the morning when hitting the stairs to go see mr.lukey in his room. We are going to have to have the fumigators come soon!

Hope this post doesn't put any potential visitors off. It is lovely down here. The wildlife is all part of the charm and adventure. Although I could have done without the swarm of mosquitoes at Yoga this morning. It's really hard to concentrate on contorting your body when all you can think is, "I must scratch, I must scratch, I must scratch...will she see me if a sneak a quick one in?!" So much for clearing my mind.

Not entirely sure why I decided this was the appropriate photo for this post. Perhaps because it makes me laugh so much, and I think that's exactly what these experiences call for; humor. So bottoms up and try to keep your children from the sauce!

No comments: