Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pitiful, I know...

Yesterday I found myself in the local liquor store, Mia in the sling Lucas in my grasp. Now normally I have my dear husband to provide me with delicious wine and cold beer; two of my favorite things in life. However I was feeling his absence and decide that I would go and get myself some booze. However my demonic little angel Lucas was very overtired from a recent cold which inevitably leads to painful stubbornness. (A trait honestly come by as both Taurean parents are notoriously also obstinate.) He insisted that the wine bottles needed to be counted. And by this he meant touching each and every one as he went by it. My firm disapproval sent him into a puddle of tears as he fell limply on the liquor store floor with the injustice of it all. As I pleaded with him to just hold himself together for only a few moments longer because Mommy desperately needed her wine, a kindly employee came over and this is about how our conversation went.

"Can I help you with anything?" asked the man while trying to hide the look of disapproval on his face.

"Yes, I've kind of got my hands full."

"I can see that. What are you looking for?"

"Wine. Red. Not too cheap - but not a fortune. Quick."

"What grape?"

"Now." I gasped.

"How about this?" he tried pitifully.

"Great," I replied, paid, and was off.

Let me tell you, Rob was veeeerrrry disappointed in my choice when he asked the dreaded question on the phone last night. But me? Well, let's just say I was feeling better while I read my book by the fire... sipping crappy wine.

No comments: